Who are the P&C?
We are a group of parents who volunteer our time to get involved with our school and our children’s education. Like you, we are busy people with busy lives but want to make a difference in our children’s educational experience.
What do we do?
There are three ways we contribute to our school: -
1. We are the parent representatives who interact with the school administration on behalf of all parents and carers in areas such as school policy and how we invest our P&C funds back into the school. We meet twice a term on a Tuesday evening to discuss P&C business, fundraising, and to hear from school Principal and admin about our school. This is a great way to meet other parents, and our meetings are usually a lot of fun.
2. We manage the Tuckshop and Uniform Shop. We make decisions on hours of operation, suppliers, prices and menu choices for the Tuckshop.
3. We fundraise and apply for grants to invest in improvements to the school infrastructure, resources, and to support initiatives within the school that will benefit our children’s education. Free education is a myth, public schools are provided an annual budget to maintain the status quo and limited funds for upgrades and updates of existing infrastructure and resources. The P&C raises funds to help provide those incremental resources, initiatives and infrastructure to ensure we stay well ahead of the status quo.
How can you get involved?
There are many ways to contribute: -
- Join the P&C and have a voice, we meet twice a term on a Tuesday at 7.15pm dates are advertised in the school newsletter, website and on the electronic sign at the front of the school. We meet in the school’s Administration building. Become a P&C member, or if you want to get more involved take on a role on the P&C e.g. President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Fundraising Coordinator, Grant Writer.
- Volunteer in the Tuckshop, Uniform Shop or on the Fundraising Team.
- In addition to volunteering with the P&C there are other opportunities to volunteer in our school. Your classroom teacher can point you in the right direction and keep an eye on the School Newsletter.
Simply drop the P&C an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what interests you and we’ll ensure we keep in touch.
Your child gets one opportunity to get the best out of their education, how you choose to get involved will make a difference to that outcome.
Other Important Information
Redland Bay State School has teamed up with Munch Monitor to offer a convenient and easy to use online service! This is our preferred method for ordering Tuckshop and Uniforms.
- You don’t need to give your child cash for tuckshop lunches.
- No need to write out tuckshop lunch orders or look for lunch money in the morning.
- Order up to 4 weeks in advance (edit or delete the order right up until 9:00am on the day of the order).
- No lost or forgotten lunch orders and money.
- Top-up the account using VISA/MasterCard online or cash at the tuckshop and uniform shop.
- Better allergy management.
- Access account statements online.
It only takes a few minutes to set up an account online and you are ready to go:
- Go to Munch monitor
- Enter Username: redlandbay
- Password: munch4165 then click “login”
- Click “Sign Up” and follow the simple steps to get started.
There’s an account keeping fee of $2.50 per Parent Account per Term.
If you require more information send an email to email@example.com or call 1300 796 190.