Physical education curriculum
education provides a foundation for students to enhance their health and physical
wellbeing, enabling students to adopt active living habits.
develop an understanding of:
- spatial awareness and how our bodies move
- physical performance through exercise and fitness
- tactics and strategies by participating in games
- decision making skills that refine teamwork and individual ability
working, communicating and cooperating actively with each other
All students participate in school Physical Education
lessons once a week, provided by our specialist HPE teacher.
Sport is a valued part of Redland Bay State School and students
are strongly encouraged to become involved.
Sporting activities usually take
place after school during the week or on occasion if involved in a carnival on
a weekend. We expect that players who are on teams are committed to that team.
Students in Years 1-3
participate in school based sport. Students in Years 4-6 are eligible to
participate in both school and district based sport.
Age Groups: are
determined by the age students turn during the year
A variety of sports are held throughout the year at
Redland Bay State School for the different age groups. Some of
these involve training before and after school: before school 7:30am-
8:20am after school 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Cross Country: before School training
- Soccer: after school training
- AFL: before school training
- Touch Football: after school training
- Table tennis: play time activity
- Rugby League: before school training
- Athletics: before school training
- Netball: before school training
- Interschool Sports: Thursday afternoon during school training
Volunteer as a coach
- One of the great features of Redland Bay State School is that we welcome parents to assist with volunteer coaching. All coaches require a Working with Children check (Blue Card). Parents of current students do not require a Blue Card.
- Any assistance that parents can offer in coaching or managing teams, scoring or officiating is greatly appreciated.
There are 3
school interhouse competitions held each year between four houses – Logan,
Cunningham, Flinders, Oxley:
- cross country